Yankee Stadium has to be one of the greatest places to watch a baseball game in the country -- unless you happen to be a fan of the opposing team. If your team isn't doing so well, there are plenty of great food choices that will help you hide your misery. My husband and I were at Yankee Stadium, and these were some of the favorites we found.
Check out these 10 amazing foods at Yankee Stadium:
1. Lobel's Prime Beef Sandwich - When you ask a Yankees fan what the best sandwich is at Yankee Stadium, nine out of 10 will tell you that it's the Lobel's Prime Beef Sandwich. It's amazing with tender cuts of beef on a soft, "eggy" roll. It's not cheap by any means -- $15 -- but you'll love the au ju that the steak is soaked in before reaching the roll. Don't forget a side of horseradish to really bring out the full flavor of the steak. Lobel's can be found in left field at field level.
2. Roasted Organic Half Chicken - While you're going to need a reservation and a full wallet to enter NYY Steak; it's worth every penny. It's certainly not a place that serves typical ballpark fare, but the food and the service is outstanding. One of the most raved about offerings is the Roasted Organic Half Chicken ($17). It is marinated, pan-roasted and served with steamed farro and a port wine sauce. If you're really hungry, try a side of the lobster mac n' cheese ($7).
3. Frickles - If you're a fan of dill pickles, you really must try the "frickles" at Brother Jimmy's BBQ. Located in left field at field level, these fried dill pickles are the perfect combination of fried crunchy pickle goodness. Dip in ranch dressing and enjoy ($8).
4. Cheesesteak - Carl's Steak is one of the best places outside of Philly to get a cheesesteak sandwich. The bread is soft and chewy and the fillings of steak, onions, peppers, and cheese are almost magical. There's melted Cheez Whiz available for those that want the true Philly cheesesteak experience ($10.50). It's a must-try in right field at field level.
5. Garlic Fries - This is another item that is a must-try at least once, but be warned that you'll want a few breath mints afterwards. Offered at a concession stand by the same name, the large order of garlic fries will set you back $9.50, but it's big enough to share with several people. Grab an order in right field at field level.
6. Moe's Southwest Grill Billy Barou Nachos - It's a big order of nachos piled high with ground beef, white cheese sauce, salsa, jalapenos, olives, guacamole, and sour cream. At $9, it's one of the better deals in the stadium, but just know you're going to get your fingers dirty! Moe's Southwest Grill has stands throughout the stadium.
7. Chicken Pan Fried Noodle Bowl - It's not something that you would normally expect to find a ballpark, but The Noodle Bowl offers some great food at decent ballpark prices. For $9.50, you can get the Chicken Pan Fried Noodle Bowl. It's got some a great variety of veggies, tender chunks of chicken, and some great noodles. This stand is located by third base at field level. The pork dumplings ($6) are really good, too.
8. Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Drizzlecorn - For those who were fans of Dale & Thomas popcorn, you can rest assured that Popcorn Indiana will give you the same great popcorn experience. The Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Drizzlecorn is sinfully good and will only run you about $6. You can find stands all over the stadium, and this was one of my favorite treats.
9. Hebrew National Hot Dogs - What trip to the ballpark would be complete without a hot dog. Head over to Roller Grill, located in sections 105 and 329. You'll also find a stand in the bleachers. Grab the regular Hebrew National Hot Dog, which is thinner and longer than a Nathan's dog, and get your favorite condiments slathered on. Add mustard, onions, kraut, or any of the other many options. The dog will cost about $6, but you'll have one of the best ballpark dogs on the planet.
10. Beef Burger Sliders with Fries - This is without a doubt one of the best deals at Yankee Stadium. You'll find the Slider Stands all over the stadium. For $10, you can get your choice of three sliders and an order of fries. The beef ones are the best, with the buffalo chicken coming in at a close second.
There it is, a list of the top 10 food items at Yankee Stadium. While an outing to this ballpark is going to cost an arm and a leg, you won't have to gnaw on yours until you find your next great meal.
By - Letrisha Langford